Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A documentary about rock music and musicians.
- ‘In an opening moment in the rockumentary, a solitary video camera captures the band leader trying to schedule a recording with his longtime musical cohort and friend.’
- ‘It doesn't set out to be an Oscar-winning rockumentary, and is all the more enjoyable because of it.’
- ‘In reality, one should consider this a companion piece to the road rockumentary released last year.’
- ‘In 20 years, if there's some kind of rockumentary and they want to interview my withered old form about how crazy it was back in the '90s, I'd totally be into it.’
- ‘This rockumentary follows the band from the departure of its longtime bassist right on through the band's near demise under the weight of the singer's ego and the guitarist's rehab stint.’
1970s: from rock + documentary.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.