One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A geologist or amateur collector of mineral specimens.
- ‘During these years many mineral collectors and rockhounds spent their summer vacations in the Keweenaw, working the mine dumps for specimens.’
- ‘The first report of the results provided an interesting look at who we ‘rockhounds’ are, confirmed many of our ‘empirical’ observations, and revealed some surprises.’
- ‘The book is primarily meant for beginning rockhounds, but more advanced collectors not familiar with all parts of Texas will also find it useful.’
- ‘The Northern Flinders Ranges may not provide work for copperminers anymore, but they still are a mineral paradise for geology lecturers, geology students, history students and rockhounds alike.’
- ‘Saturday nights were less-intimate gatherings, with the apartment packed with world-class mineral collectors, out-of-town and local curators, bibliophiles, and just plain rockhounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.