One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical on/off switch incorporating a spring-loaded rocker.
- ‘Toggle the rocker switch on the dash to the highest point and the vehicle rises by more than 3-in.’
- ‘Above the keyboard in the middle is the power key and to the right of this is a rocker switch for the speaker volume and a mute button.’
- ‘So the power must be carefully controlled with a rocker switch which ensures that the clutch does not fully engage but grinds instead.’
- ‘The rocker switch was positioned to the left engine and the starter switch was engaged.’
- ‘With the engine running, the car in neutral and the handbrake on, all it takes to raise the roof is the push of a rocker switch to send the electrics whirring into action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.