One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical on/off switch incorporating a spring-loaded rocker.
- ‘Toggle the rocker switch on the dash to the highest point and the vehicle rises by more than 3-in.’
- ‘So the power must be carefully controlled with a rocker switch which ensures that the clutch does not fully engage but grinds instead.’
- ‘With the engine running, the car in neutral and the handbrake on, all it takes to raise the roof is the push of a rocker switch to send the electrics whirring into action.’
- ‘Above the keyboard in the middle is the power key and to the right of this is a rocker switch for the speaker volume and a mute button.’
- ‘The rocker switch was positioned to the left engine and the starter switch was engaged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.