Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for spiny lobster
- ‘Part of $4 million allocated by the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation would aid research into minimising leg loss in rock lobsters.’
- ‘The chilli fish was moist and not too spicy, while the rock lobsters were very flavoursome and also juicy.’
- ‘For main course try fettucini with rabbit and artichoke or rock lobster with Barolo butter.’
- ‘He said the council will also set the total allowable catch for the 2001 and 2002 season for rock lobster.’
- ‘In its rock lobster factory, the company also processes and packs rock lobster for small quota holders who have a vessel and a quota but no processing facilities of their own.’
rock lobster/räk ˈläbstər/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.