Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An idealized cycle of processes undergone by rocks in the earth's crust, involving igneous intrusion, uplift, erosion, transportation, deposition as sedimentary rock, metamorphism, remelting, and further igneous intrusion.
- ‘Subjects of discussion include minerals in your house, mineral groups, mineral properties, mineral games, crystals, and the rock cycle.’
- ‘The principal focus of group tours is on the properties of rocks and minerals, the rock cycle, and the history of life through time.’
- ‘Plane tectonics are necessary to process biogeochemical cycles to the rock cycle.’
- ‘This mass of molten continent still, however, retains enough homogeneity to be returned more or less as a unit at the mid-ocean ridges eons later as the rock cycle continues.’
- ‘This is the essence of the rock cycle - rocks change, from one type to another and back again.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.