One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An idealized cycle of processes undergone by rocks in the earth's crust, involving igneous intrusion, uplift, erosion, transportation, deposition as sedimentary rock, metamorphism, remelting, and further igneous intrusion.
- ‘This mass of molten continent still, however, retains enough homogeneity to be returned more or less as a unit at the mid-ocean ridges eons later as the rock cycle continues.’
- ‘This is the essence of the rock cycle - rocks change, from one type to another and back again.’
- ‘Subjects of discussion include minerals in your house, mineral groups, mineral properties, mineral games, crystals, and the rock cycle.’
- ‘Plane tectonics are necessary to process biogeochemical cycles to the rock cycle.’
- ‘The principal focus of group tours is on the properties of rocks and minerals, the rock cycle, and the history of life through time.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.