One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.
- ‘They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.’
- ‘In addition to an efficient drying system that produces instantized whey proteins, the plant uses robotics extensively in its cheese and whey packaging systems.’
- ‘No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.’
- ‘They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.’
- ‘I've been hanging around at Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute, the largest center for robotics in the world, watching these guys build and test robots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.