Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for coconut crab
- ‘The problem was the robber crabs that survived on the edge of the super colonies - once we dropped a bait there, they found that quite attractive and they headed towards it.’
- ‘The company participated in the Christmas Island golf day, a three ball ambrose, with the ever-present possibility of losing a golf ball to one of the large robber crabs on the course.’
- ‘The largest of these is the coconut or robber crab, which has even managed to evolve a skin tough enough to discard the need for a shell.’
- ‘The protected robber crab - the largest on earth - also survives here.’
- ‘The only obstacle in her way were the large robber crabs everywhere in this area of the course.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.