Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Schedule as part of a lengthy or complex program.‘originally roadmapped for an early Q4 release, the next generation of the processor will ship in the last few days of the year’
- ‘Smithfield has been roadmapped for an early Q3 debut, but the chip maker may formally launch the chip family late Q2, it has emerged.’
- ‘Certainly the 2GHz P4 is scheduled to ship this quarter anyway, and the 0.13 micron P4 die-shrink, codenamed Northwood, is roadmapped to ship mid-Q4.’
- ‘Interestingly interoperability between DRM systems isn't a priority - it's not roadmapped until beyond 2006.’
- ‘The chip, set to debut at 3.73GHz, was until recently roadmapped for a late Q4 2004 arrival after the release of the 3.63GHz P4EE.’
- ‘Winchester is roadmapped to appear sometime during the second half of the year.’
- ‘‘San Diego’ the 90 nm version of the chip is now expected sometime in the second half of next year, as previously roadmapped.’
- ‘Incidentally, the NV43 is roadmapped to ship ahead of the NV42.’
- ‘Earlier this month, they claimed the part would debut at $352 - less than half of the $776 price-tag the chip was originally roadmapped to launch with.’
- ‘No further changes are roadmapped until H1 2006 at the earliest, when the company is expected to ship its first 65 nm parts.’
- ‘Our gut feeling is that it will actually offer limited quantities of the 2.8GHz and 3GHz Prescotts, originally roadmapped to follow the release of the faster parts, but now likely to precede them.’
- ‘It moves us towards the new file system roadmapped for Longhorn.’
- ‘Low-voltage Dothans are now roadmapped to appear during Q1 2004, still at 1.3GHz, rising to 1.4GHz in Q2, and taking on the 533MHz bus in Q4.’
- ‘Originally roadmapped for an early Q4 release, the next generation of the processor will ship in the last few days of the year.’
- ‘The current, 0.18 micron Xeon is roadmapped to hit 2GHz next quarter before ultimately being replaced by Prestonia, the 0.13 micron version of the chip, during Q1 2002.’
- ‘Presumably the delay will also push back the 4.2GHz P4 590, originally roadmapped for a Q1 2005 release.’
- ‘First of all the software giant has roadmapped an alpha release of Whistler for April, and a public beta for July.’
- ‘If the NV40 is launched next month, it marks the end of a long wait for the part, which was originally roadmapped for a late 2003 debut.’
- ‘Madisons with 9MB are roadmapped to ship next year.’
- ‘Prescott is roadmapped to reach 4GHz in Q4 2004, with 3.6GHz and 3.8GHz versions arriving in Q2 and Q3, respectively.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.