One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Violent anger caused by the stress and frustration involved in driving a motor vehicle in difficult conditions.
- ‘This reduces the myth to history's earliest account of road rage, complete with an autopsy report.’
- ‘I'm in the middle of watching ‘Band of Brothers,’ and getting accustomed to the vocabulary of warfare, but it doesn't mean I'm going to implement such tactics during spells of road rage.’
- ‘Once the symbol and instrument of progress, now it drives us to gridlock and road rage.’
- ‘Driving buses is physically and emotionally taxing, with increasing demands for customer service, working congested routes, avoiding road rage, and dealing with schoolchildren.’
- ‘The movie features fast cars, a psychotic with road rage, a bounty hunter, and an attractive blonde.’
- ‘Aiming for the market occupied by the rich, some insurers are introducing cover for stalking, road rage, car jacking, aggravated burglary and kidnap.’
- ‘This short about road rage was truly ahead of its time.’
- ‘I was disgusted with this guy's driving skills, disgusted with the macho attitude, and those of you who have ever driven with me will know I suffer from chronic road rage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.