One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The organizer and supervisor of a musicians' tour.
- ‘In 2003 you married D.R. Roach, a man who was your bodyguard and road manager for 14 years.’
- ‘At one point, my road manager said I basically held the band for ransom, and in lots of ways I did.’
- ‘‘I told Nat something was going to happen,’ said Carl Carruthers, Cole's road manager.’
- ‘Idlout recently fired her road managers and booking agents, formed a new band, and planned a tour of Europe that will put her on stage in front of tens of thousands of people.’
- ‘The Beatles' road manager Neil Aspinall stands in for George at rehearsals for The Ed Sullivan Show at Studio 50.’
- ‘In 1992, the lyrics were auctioned by the estate of Mal Evans, the Beatles' road manager, to an unknown buyer for $100,000.’
- ‘As road manager, I already dealt with a lot of his personal affairs so it was a natural progression.’
- ‘The road manager told the entertainment magazine that the group managed to stage a number of performances because of the small team in administration, cast and crew.’
- ‘He came on the scene in the early 1980s as a road manager for Run-DMC following a successful stint promoting rap acts on the streets of Los Angeles.’
- ‘One was from his road manager who just wanted to get together sometime soon to go over details for next month's tour dates and one from a fellow musician who congratulated him on the recent Blues Award.’
- ‘Soon I was given an additional position as Johnny Cash's road manager, which is really strange when you think about it.’
- ‘The tour had not started as planned because on the first night her road manager had fallen off the stage and smashed his back.’
- ‘On the first date of the tour H.R. becomes violent, beating up their road manager and hitting his brother, and the band once again breaks up.’
- ‘I think you'll find Led Zeppelin, or their road manager at least, had a slightly more lewdly imaginative take on that particular format.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.