Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A virus in which the genetic information is stored in the form of RNA (as opposed to DNA)
- ‘It is a highly contagious viral infection mainly transmitted by droplets caused by single stranded RNA virus belonging to genus morbillivirus in the family Paramyxoviridae.’
- ‘Once the DNA is converted back into RNA, the introduced mutations will occur in the genome of the RNA virus.’
- ‘Hepatitis A infection, caused by an RNA virus in the picornavirus family, is the most common cause of hepatitis in the United States.’
- ‘HCV is an RNA virus of the flavivirus family that infects about 4 million U.S. residents and produces some 30,000 new infections each year.’
- ‘This is usually to their advantage because when you're infected with an RNA virus its frenzied mutations allow it to change quickly and so evade the immune system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.