One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was the beginning of almost three years of slave labour, first in Java, then on the Japanese mainland where he became a riveter in the giant Mitsubishi shipyard in Nagasaki.’
- ‘‘I can't remember the last time I dealt with a welder or a riveter,’ says John Daly, a local training advisor.’
- ‘During the war, Jim enlisted to serve in Egypt with the army while Edna worked as an aircraft riveter at Fairey Engineering.’
- ‘A riveter during WW II, Howard was a social worker until moving into real estate in California.’
- ‘I have been several times to the North East to write about working lives that were over by the age of 50 when the coal mines closed or welders and riveters were no longer needed on the Tyne.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.