Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Italian restaurant.
- ‘My two favourites are Le Restaurant and the Italian ristorante, J & A's.’
- ‘They will explore the age-old monuments, shop till they drop or sample some traditional Italian fare at an authentic ristorante.’
- ‘This ristorante is fantastic, and is so welcoming too!’
- ‘A ristorante usually posts its menu in the window so one can see what is available before going inside.’
- ‘Whether you are dining in a no-frills trattoria or a more formal ristorante, owners and chefs invariably take pride in sourcing the best seasonal produce.’
- ‘Although we live in a very small town there is a wonderful bakery, a small grocery store that would qualify as a gourmet shop in the United States, and an excellent ristorante and pizzeria, all within five minutes walk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.