One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of riding in which a rider rises from the saddle on every second stride of a horse's trotting pace.
- ‘Sitting trot no stirrups, after 3 circuits, rising trot no stirrups for 4 circuits then free walk after 4 circuits for further instructions.’
- ‘In my defense I was at the point of the down in the rising trot so gravity is pulling my face down.’
- ‘God, an hour of rising trot for the first time in a year and I can't walk upstairs for two days.’
- ‘He forgot about the rising trot, and instead learnt how to sit an American saddle, how to canter like a true cowboy.’
- ‘After all that practice, a beautiful rising trot!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.