Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Nylon fabric that is woven so that a tear will not spread.
- ‘Parachutes sewn at home are made from ripstop nylon and use twill tape to reinforce its seams.’
- ‘Back home in Utah, McLean ordered some ripstop polyester, rounded up a set of plans, and sat down at his industrial sewing machine to create his own version.’
- ‘A good quality kite made from treated ripstop spinnaker cloth and fibreglass spars starts at about $10.’
- ‘I've wanted to make a kite now for some time but I kept putting it off so I'd have the necessary materials to make a ‘good kite’, i.e. ripstop nylon, fiberglass or carbon fiber rods, etc.’
- ‘‘Strong fabrics, such as ripstop nylon, will add durability to certain key areas like the shoulders and the elbows,’ she continues.’
- ‘Traditionally, windsocks are made from nylon ripstop, taffeta or oxford cloth, available in a variety of bright colors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.