One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Better to await ripeness to avoid bitter fruit.’
- ‘However, weather can trick the plant, meaning sugar levels can indicate ripeness while the pip of the grape remains hard or green.’
- ‘We grow only the best-tasting varieties and we pick and sell them at the perfect ripeness or maturity.’
- ‘A mango in Thailand isn't just a mango - there are many varieties, which mature at different times of year, so there is always some variety at its peak of ripeness.’
- ‘The skill of the winemaker in these circumstances is to blend all the different regions, vineyards and levels of ripeness into a house style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.