One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A mango in Thailand isn't just a mango - there are many varieties, which mature at different times of year, so there is always some variety at its peak of ripeness.’
- ‘Better to await ripeness to avoid bitter fruit.’
- ‘We grow only the best-tasting varieties and we pick and sell them at the perfect ripeness or maturity.’
- ‘The skill of the winemaker in these circumstances is to blend all the different regions, vineyards and levels of ripeness into a house style.’
- ‘However, weather can trick the plant, meaning sugar levels can indicate ripeness while the pip of the grape remains hard or green.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.