1A drum stroke in which the stick strikes the rim and the head of the drum simultaneously.
- ‘‘Is She a Sign’ initially couches its tale of the pathetic in a fitting sleeve of light rimshots and decaying bass notes, later rocking out with the assistance of guitar and piano.’
- ‘It was cool, though, because during it one of the percussionists was walking through the crowd beating a rim-shot.’
- ‘When Mike Clark opens his album with a one-two beat, lap steel guitar and rimshots, you might want to write him off as just another alt-country type.’
- ‘‘Privacy,’ for example, features an electric piano accompanying what sounds like rustling pages as well as a hi-hat, cymbals, and rimshots.’
- ‘Toby's drummer hits a rimshot.’
2In basketball, a toss in which the ball hits the rim of the basket.