One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outcrop of resistant rock forming a margin to a gravel deposit, especially one forming a cliff at the edge of a plateau.‘archetypal cowboy terrain—tableland, rimrock, canyons’as modifier ‘a gap in the plateau's rimrock cliffs’count noun ‘they stopped for lunch on a rimrock overlooking a stream’
- ‘Dominant features of the refuge include freshwater marshes, lakes, meadows, alkali flats, rimrocks, and sagebrush and juniper uplands.’
- ‘Wildlife inhabits the rimrock, and golden eagles soar above.’
- ‘The ranch's riding trails head off through open forest toward the Marble Mountain foothills or along rimrock canyon edges with bracing views of Fraser River and the Chilcotin area.’
- ‘The sun was just coming up over the rimrock as I stepped from my room at the Longhorn Palace Saloon and Hotel onto the upstairs balcony.’
- ‘As the mountains pushed up, the river cut deep canyons, the rimrock of which shows 400 million years of erosion.’
- ‘As the trio neared the top of the ridge, they found their way blocked by a wall of rimrock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.