Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
attributive Relating to or denoting guns whose cartridges have the primer around the edge of the base.
- ‘Increases occurred in shotshell and centerfire rifle cartridge sales, while rimfire ammunition sales sagged.’
- ‘It is the longest straight-walled rimfire cartridge in production, and getting an even wall thickness is difficult and critical.’
- ‘The hammer is equipped with a manual firing pin selector, which allows the shooter to use rimfire and centerfire barrels on the same frame.’
- ‘At this time I had the chance to test fire a variety of their rimfire loads.’
- ‘These early Ballards were all chambered for rimfire cartridges, and featured an external, manually operated extractor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.