One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pâté made of minced pork or other light meat, seasoned and combined with fat.
- ‘To serve, place some salad in the center of a plate and place some of the foie gras rillettes in the center.’
- ‘In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sear the rillettes on all sides.’
- ‘Recipes for using rabbit meat in cold dishes such as brawn or rillettes and galantines are also encountered.’
- ‘For the rabbit rillettes, preheat the oven to 275 degrees.’
- ‘The first thing out of the kitchen was a nice charcuterie platter decked with smoky pork rillettes and ribbons of fresh ham and prosciutto.’
French, diminutive (plural) of Old French rille ‘strip of pork’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.