Pâté made of minced pork or other light meat, seasoned and combined with fat.
- ‘To serve, place some salad in the center of a plate and place some of the foie gras rillettes in the center.’
- ‘Recipes for using rabbit meat in cold dishes such as brawn or rillettes and galantines are also encountered.’
- ‘In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sear the rillettes on all sides.’
- ‘The first thing out of the kitchen was a nice charcuterie platter decked with smoky pork rillettes and ribbons of fresh ham and prosciutto.’
- ‘For the rabbit rillettes, preheat the oven to 275 degrees.’
French, diminutive (plural) of Old French rille ‘strip of pork’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.