One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The part of the outfield to the right of center field from the perspective of home plate.‘a ball hit to right field’
- ‘The Mets had Jay Payton on first base in the second inning and one out, when Vance Wilson looped a fly ball to right field.’
- ‘In the bottom of the seventh, Scott Spiezio hit a shot to right field off Pedro Martinez that was ruled a home run by second base umpire Joe West.’
- ‘Tony Taylor hit a line drive to right field, and Rusty Staub caught it on the run.’
- ‘I hit a fastball to right field that barely cleared the fence.’
- ‘The result was a 260-foot fly ball over the right field wall, 257 feet from home plate.’
- 1.1 The position of the defensive player stationed in right field.‘he first gained attention while playing right field’
- ‘After two years, Drew has adjusted to right field, a position he knows he will be playing for a while with Jim Edmonds in center.’
- ‘This season, Womack was sent back to shortstop, the position he prefers, although he showed good range in right field.’
- ‘He can play all four infield positions and left and right field.’
- ‘Vladimir Guerrero plays your old position, right field, but doesn't always display a command of fundamentals.’
- ‘He acquired left-handed-hitting platoon players for first base in Randall Simon and right field in Matt Stairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.