Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Select an item in a graphical user interface by pressing the right-hand button of a mouse.[no object] ‘right-click on My Network Places and select Properties’[with object] ‘right-click a graphic and choose “Resize.”’
- ‘When the download completes, right-click the new folder on the Desktop and click Find.’
- ‘To generate WSDL files, first right-click the WSDL Documents folder and select New WSDL Document.’
- ‘If you have just one mail identity, then in Explorer's left pane, right-click the Outlook Express folder, and select Copy.’
- ‘I have to first click on Ignore all before right-clicking the word again to copy it to the Windows clipboard.’
- ‘When the opening of a game catches your eye, you can right-click the board and click ‘add to repertoire.’’
- ‘Now, the auto-hide menus that popped up above the player are off by default and can be accessed by right-clicking the top of the player.’
- ‘If you're not sure which format your hard drive uses, open My Computer, right-click the drive's icon, select Properties, and look to the right of ‘File system’.’
- ‘To change the default operation, included icons, themes and so on, right-click on the panel and select Configurator (this also can be done by right-clicking the system tray icon).’
- ‘Go to My Computer, right-click the C drive, select Properties, and then go to the Tools tab, and select Check Now.’
- ‘Go to the Desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties’
- ‘To access Device Manager, right-click My Computer and select Properties.’
- ‘To do so, right-click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop, and choose Empty Recycle Bin.’
- ‘Menus for these objects can once again be found by right-clicking their icons.’
- ‘As it stands now, you have to right-click the folder and then choose ‘delete.’’
- ‘To run the utility, double-click on My Computer, right-click the hard disk on which you want to free space and then click Properties.’
- ‘You can see the list of devices by right-clicking the ‘My Computer’ icon, selecting Properties, and click the Device Manager tab.’
- ‘Once the desktop appears, Go into Device Manager (by right-clicking My Computer, and then select Properties), scroll to the CD ROM devices, and remove every entry.’
- ‘Thereafter, any time a Save As or Open dialog appears, right-click the question mark (?) help button found in the top-right corner of the dialog and a list of file and folder paths will pop up.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.