One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outfit of clothes.
uniform, costume, ensemble, outfit, suit, livery, attire, clothes, clothing, garments, dress, garb, regimentals, accoutrements, regalia, finery, trappings, disguiseoutfit, costume, suit, uniform, ensemble, habit, attire, clothes, clothing, dress, garbView synonyms
- ‘What's the betting that you've a rig-out that's seen the light of day once and has since been languishing in your wardrobe?’
- ‘We took special glee in laughing at all the ice-skaters' hilarious rig-outs and the obscure terminology that seems to go with that activity.’
- ‘He is unapologetic about the rig-out: ‘I wear all the gear all the time.’’
- ‘A pretty smart rig-out, I thought, for a night out at the pub.’
- ‘Finally, to the member of staff called Norman, thanks for praising my rig-out, you made me feel a million dollars in my ever-so-cheap outfit.’
- ‘I'd say a lot of them are totally bored and let their minds wander to the dinner, the match or Mrs Nolan's rig-out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.