One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Peering from behind my hands, I watch as the horses fall, or throw their rider, or watch as loose, riderless horses veer across the track.’
- ‘She suffered multiple injuries and died almost instantly when she was struck by Bacon's powerful Honda Fireblade machine, which flew riderless into the bus queue after he crashed while trying to overtake a right-turning car.’
- ‘As our tour leader overtook us on foot and unhurriedly remounted the riderless horse obediently following the one in front, I began to question how wild these horses truly were.’
- ‘The riderless motorcycle also hit a red Rover 416, he added.’
- ‘It was followed by a riderless black horse, with a pair of Mr Reagan's favourite boots turned backward in the stirrups, symbolising the death of a military leader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.