One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft white unsalted Italian cheese.
- ‘In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream and ricotta.’
- ‘The only thing better than torta di ricotta is fresh ricotta straight off the spoon.’
- ‘Cheese has as much relevance now as it does in winter; especially the fresh goat cheeses and lighter cheeses such as feta, ricotta and mozzarella.’
- ‘There are also low fat alternatives to dairy products such as low fat cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, cheddars and yoghurts.’
- ‘Skim ricotta can replace cream cheese on a bagel or in a vegetable dip.’
Italian, literally ‘recooked, cooked twice’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.