One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cable for transmitting electronic signals consisting of several insulated wires connected together to form a flat ribbon.
- ‘An external disk drive handled long-term file storage and a flat ribbon cable sent data out to the printer.’
- ‘Attach the two connectors on the new ribbon cable to both your hard disks.’
- ‘A short ribbon cable connects the PCB to the IDE connector on the hard drive and a molex cable does the same for power.’
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘Yes, it is possible to use a ribbon cable to connect external drives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.