One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A run batted in.See RBI
- ‘Tino Martinez, for all of his homers and ribbies, was 3.9 below average, Paul O'Neill - 2.4, Chuck Knoblauch - 15.7, Shane Spencer - 7.7, and David Justice - 9.6.’
- ‘In his first four games, he came to bat 20 times, got on base 11 times, with 3 HR, 8 runs, 7 ribbies, and just two steals.’
- ‘With the bases loaded and nobody out in the eighth, Giambi added a sac fly, netting more applause for the insurance run, his third ribbie of the night.’
- ‘His 183 ribbies in 1937 fell one short of the American League record set by Lou Gehrig in 1931.’
- ‘Sweeney piled up his ribbies while hitting 29 homers.’
1950s: representing a pronunciation of RBI.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.