One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular A form of gymnastics emphasizing dancelike rhythmic routines, accentuated by the use of clubs, balls, ribbons, or hoops.
- ‘On one specific occasion, the men in the group correctly answered questions on Jean Paul Gaultier and rhythmic gymnastics, making the game surprisingly amusing for all of us.’
- ‘The Otley Club has a long history of success and is at the forefront of developing the sport of rhythmic gymnastics in Yorkshire.’
- ‘Power tumbling has replaced rhythmic gymnastics as another phase of the meet.’
- ‘The Year One and Two students performed some choreographed gymnastics displays, which included some rhythmic gymnastics.’
- ‘The obvious retort is to claim that figure-skating is a technical sport that exists to extol the virtues of sporting art, just like synchronised swimming or rhythmic gymnastics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.