One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular A form of gymnastics emphasizing dancelike rhythmic routines, accentuated by the use of clubs, balls, ribbons, or hoops.
- ‘The Otley Club has a long history of success and is at the forefront of developing the sport of rhythmic gymnastics in Yorkshire.’
- ‘On one specific occasion, the men in the group correctly answered questions on Jean Paul Gaultier and rhythmic gymnastics, making the game surprisingly amusing for all of us.’
- ‘The obvious retort is to claim that figure-skating is a technical sport that exists to extol the virtues of sporting art, just like synchronised swimming or rhythmic gymnastics.’
- ‘The Year One and Two students performed some choreographed gymnastics displays, which included some rhythmic gymnastics.’
- ‘Power tumbling has replaced rhythmic gymnastics as another phase of the meet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.