One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a pop or jazz group supplying the rhythm, generally regarded as consisting of bass and drums and sometimes piano or guitar.
- ‘The melodic content is brought further to the foreground with the lack of a jazz rhythm section and traditional jazz harmony.’
- ‘Of course, technical guitar work and a tight rhythm section don't alone outweigh Tim's caterwauling.’
- ‘The music is much the same as the first album: raw, scratchy, bare bones guitar and a hyperactive rhythm section.’
- ‘However, Palo Alto have some good, original material which together with a solid rhythm section and some excellent guitar work certainly hits my spot.’
- ‘Sometimes it felt like the rhythm section were racing the guitars to see who could get to the end of the song first.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.