One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a pop or jazz group supplying the rhythm, generally regarded as consisting of bass and drums and sometimes piano or guitar.
- ‘The music is much the same as the first album: raw, scratchy, bare bones guitar and a hyperactive rhythm section.’
- ‘The melodic content is brought further to the foreground with the lack of a jazz rhythm section and traditional jazz harmony.’
- ‘Sometimes it felt like the rhythm section were racing the guitars to see who could get to the end of the song first.’
- ‘Of course, technical guitar work and a tight rhythm section don't alone outweigh Tim's caterwauling.’
- ‘However, Palo Alto have some good, original material which together with a solid rhythm section and some excellent guitar work certainly hits my spot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.