One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of avoiding conception by which sexual intercourse is restricted to the times of a woman's menstrual cycle when ovulation is least likely to occur.
- ‘Popes Pius XI and XII went much further, allowing couples to take means to avoid procreation: the rhythm method or natural family planning.’
- ‘Many of Dr Jonas' female patients were Catholics, practising the rhythm method of contraception.’
- ‘All rhythm methods have two disadvantages: they are not 100% effective and they require a lot of abstinence.’
- ‘By now, I take it, the rhythm method of contraception must have passed out of favour.’
- ‘And these young men all had girlfriends on whom they practised the rhythm method with breathtaking inaccuracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.