One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the former southern African territory of Rhodesia or its inhabitants.‘he was an observer at the Rhodesian elections’
- ‘He recalled when the photo was taken at his home in the Rhodesian bush in May 1962.’
- ‘During the war, her brother had enlisted in the Rhodesian army.’
- ‘Vera is the younger daughter of Rhodesian farmers.’
A native or inhabitant of the former southern African territory of Rhodesia.‘the team included two Australians, a Scotsman, and a Rhodesian’
- ‘The Rhodesian exudes an understated elegance I've found nowhere else.’
- ‘The outbreak of war in 1914 brought him into military service and away from southern Africa, although nostalgia for youth forever after labelled him a Rhodesian in his own mind.’
- ‘Rhodesians left a great sporting legacy as well as so much more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.