One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plastic surgery performed on the nose.
- ‘This paper has not explored the nuances of varying angles for lateral views but the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is only too aware that small angle changes on the lateral view can emphasize or de-emphasise small dorsal humps.’
- ‘The reality is that rhinoplasty surgeons will continue to display pre- and post-operative photographs that inadvertently misrepresent their results.’
- ‘They both get rhinoplasty, chin implants and porcelain veneers, in the hopes that all the facial overhauling - and massive pain that they suffer - will ultimately help them with their dreams of becoming movie stars.’
- ‘Young teenagers, the group which is most taken up with its own appearance, are not ideal candidates for rhinoplasty, or most cosmetic surgery for that matter.’
- ‘Dr. Goldman's enthusiasm for rhinoplasty was intriguing to Dr. Simons.’
- ‘For Tailia Santo, the rhinoplasty that changed her nose wasn't her first surgery; she had already had breast implants.’
- ‘Each procedure involved a teenager having rhinoplasty.’
- ‘In the TV version, contestants are made-over from head to toe, from liposuction to rhinoplasty.’
- ‘For instance, a classic rhinoplasty in China aims at making the nose higher by using nasal implants.’
- ‘To resemble Pitt, the brothers undergo rhinoplasty, receive chin implants, and obtain porcelain veneers.’
- ‘After all, we're not talking bronzer and rhinoplasty here.’
- ‘Other procedures available are otoplasty (ear correction), rhinoplasty, liposculpture, penile enhancement and face, neck and brow lifts to name but a few.’
- ‘The rhinoplasty her Daddy bought her for her Sweet Sixteen went horribly awry and left her with a nose looking like something out of Star Trek.’
- ‘Asian rhinoplasty is different to other parts of the world.’
- ‘For instance, if I'd worn a metal nose cone throughout my childhood I might have saved myself thousands of pounds in costly rhinoplasty.’
- ‘Other surgeries can include: suction-assisted lipoplasty of the waist, rhinoplasty, facial bone reduction, face-lift, and blephroplasty.’
- ‘The doc says it's no worry 'cause it is a common aftereffect of rhinoplasty and should go away pretty soon.’
- ‘Sinus surgery was the majority of his cases, but he did some rhinoplasty.’
- ‘Seltzer investigated two different doses of bromelain in patients undergoing rhinoplasty.’
- ‘Breast implants are common, as are cheek implants and rhinoplasty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.