One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose, caused by a virus infection (e.g. the common cold) or by an allergic reaction (e.g. hay fever).
- ‘Children exposed to pets in their first year of life suffer less frequently from allergic rhinitis and asthma.’
- ‘Many physicians make a presumptive diagnosis of allergic rhinitis based on the medical history.’
- ‘The risk of asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic dermatitis was also significantly higher.’
- ‘Allergic rhinitis is most commonly caused by grass pollen, but tree and weed pollens and mould spores can also cause attacks.’
- ‘Many sufferers of allergic rhinitis have other allergies such as eczema, urticaria, or asthma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.