Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints and resulting in painful deformity and immobility, especially in the fingers, wrists, feet, and ankles.Compare with osteoarthritis
- ‘The commonest causes of vasculitic ulcers are rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and polyarteritis nodosa.’
- ‘Conversely, it would be possible to suppress excessive angiogenesis in cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The arthritic diseases seen in children are rheumatic fever and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘As with other chronic diseases, no cure is available for most types of arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘As with other forms of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis involves inflammation of the joints.’
- ‘Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis usually affects several joints in your body.’
- ‘It is indicated for the treatment of signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Although rheumatoid arthritis is often a chronic disease, it tends to vary in severity and may even come and go.’
- ‘It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.’
- ‘It turns out that several viruses can cause an arthritis resembling rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘It is associated with autoimmune illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘This may happen due to injuries, infections, or even chronic problems like rheumatoid arthritis and leprosy.’
- ‘It also seems to be involved in the inflammation process of rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Certain medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or cancer, can lead to iron-deficiency anaemia.’
- ‘In related news, researchers have also discovered a drug that fights cancer can also relieve rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘In India it's used as an oral contraceptive, a steroid and to treat asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatic fever.’
- ‘Vasculitis may also occur as a secondary feature in other diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The positive side is that these drugs have confirmed that the underlying disease of rheumatoid arthritis is treatable.’
- ‘Rational use of new and existing disease-modifying agents in rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The search is on for drugs that can reduce inflammation and limit bone destruction for diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.