One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to, affected by, or resembling rheumatism.
- ‘She had a restrictive defect later shown to be caused by a rheumatoid lung.’
- ‘In 1977 my affliction was formally labeled a form of juvenile rheumatoid crippling arthritis.’
- ‘As her severely rheumatoid hands are useless, an adequate range of movement in just one of her knees means that she can still get out of the chair without help.’
- ‘Up to 60% of patients surveyed admitted the side effects of traditional medication for rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis were often worse than the symptoms.’
- ‘Extremely high titers are associated with the presence of rheumatoid nodules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.