One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is suggested that the pseudocopulatory syndrome in Trigonidium could have evolved from rewardless (food advertising) ancestors.’
- ‘Our army is (to use a Churchillism) sprawled in costly and rewardless occupation, its budget drained, its reserves raided, its stocks exhausted, rather than crouched and ready to spring at opportunity.’
- ‘Another possibility is that even in apparently rewardless species, food substances may indeed be present but these are located within papillae and are only accessible to gnawing insects.’
- ‘The only humans populating these rewardless grief-scapes are pornographic female figures.’
- ‘Within the genus Maxillaria, rewardless flowers were found in all the species of the alliances studied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.