Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Causing intense disgust; disgusting.‘there was a revolting smell that lingered in the air’
- ‘It is such a revolting thing to have happened to such an amazing man.’
- ‘The most revolting thing I find about television is the commercials.’
- ‘The husband got disgustingly drunk and behaved in a revolting manner.’
- ‘This is a revolting gesture of superiority.’
- ‘There seems to be a competition going on amongst the senior managers to see who can wear the silliest or most revolting tie.’
- ‘There was a revolting smell that lingered in the air.’
- ‘No wonder I didn't know I had a brain when I was at home, or that I wasn't a totally revolting person.’
- ‘Then you become hugely desirable, in a revolting sort of way.’
- ‘Diego Martin has suddenly become the scene of some of the most revolting crimes.’
- ‘It is kind of funny in a revolting way.’
- ‘I actually get quite offended if anyone dares to use that revolting word when referring to me.’
- ‘This is a revolting confession, I know.’
- ‘Conversely this produced the most revolting cruelty.’
- ‘I wonder what the revolting students find objectionable about that.’
- ‘This defense makes his original speech all the more revolting.’
- ‘And when cops raided his house, they found evidence of an even more revolting crime.’
- ‘"He is the most revolting human being I have ever met," Butler said.’
- ‘Don't leave me there wondering exactly which revolting character flaw you found the biggest turn off.’
- ‘The first involved much use of dried egg which has a revolting smell, not unlike that of fish food.’
- ‘So if you also had a revolting time at the restaurant then please, let us know.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.