One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The other distinct feature of the religious South was the cultural hegemony (Hill calls it an ‘establishment’) of revivalistic evangelical Protestantism.’
- ‘The fits, trances and visions that attended revivalistic religion in this era were seen by many as evidence of the workings of the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘In particular, the individualism of the American frontier and the Separate Baptist revivalistic legacy characterized the methods, and eventually the theology, of Southern Baptist missions and evangelism.’
- ‘Professor Pandey, according to the letter, is known for his revivalistic scholarship and has been enthusiastically propagating Dr Joshi's agenda.’
- ‘What is most striking about the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s is that its revivalistic forms and tendencies were often obvious to the participants - ministers and laypersons alike - and remain prominent in their memories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.