One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What is most striking about the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s is that its revivalistic forms and tendencies were often obvious to the participants - ministers and laypersons alike - and remain prominent in their memories.’
- ‘Professor Pandey, according to the letter, is known for his revivalistic scholarship and has been enthusiastically propagating Dr Joshi's agenda.’
- ‘The other distinct feature of the religious South was the cultural hegemony (Hill calls it an ‘establishment’) of revivalistic evangelical Protestantism.’
- ‘The fits, trances and visions that attended revivalistic religion in this era were seen by many as evidence of the workings of the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘In particular, the individualism of the American frontier and the Separate Baptist revivalistic legacy characterized the methods, and eventually the theology, of Southern Baptist missions and evangelism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.