One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like Bonnard, Max is an obsessive reviser, unable to step away from the canvas and declare the pictures complete.’
- ‘Not a word or tone could be altered without the reviser being accused of being a modern anti-revolutionist.’
- ‘If journalism is the first draft of history, reporters can assist the revisers by dutifully noting their sources.’
- ‘Yeats was also an irrepressible reviser of his own poems: ‘It is myself that I remake,’ he said to readers who missed the earlier versions of poems they'd come to love.’
- ‘He is a tireless reviser, a believer in the process of writing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.