One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reverse of normal transcription, occurring in some RNA viruses, in which a sequence of nucleotides is copied from an RNA template during the synthesis of a molecule of DNA.
- ‘RNA isolation and reverse transcription were performed as previously described.’
- ‘For each RNA isolate we performed several control experiments involving amplification reactions on DNA templates and RNA templates prior to reverse transcription.’
- ‘Presumably, this 22-bp sequence was present on the RNA template used for reverse transcription.’
- ‘Thus with the possibility of more than one round of reverse transcription of the repeat unit during RNA template slippage, the slippage retrotransposition model offers an attractive alternative.’
- ‘Second, are the introns of the progenitor gene maintained in the duplicate copy and does reverse transcription of processed mRNA play a significant role in the gene duplication process?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.