Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of DNA from an RNA template in reverse transcription.See also transcriptase
- ‘Ono et al. showed the effects of baicalein on the activity of various reverse transcriptases.’
- ‘Names refer to the accession numbers of the nucleotide sequences that encode the corresponding reverse transcriptases (RTs).’
- ‘Reverse transcription is generally catalyzed in vivo by reverse transcriptases encoded by autonomous endogenous retrotransposons.’
- ‘The branch points where no bootstrap values appear are statistically unsupported, although congruent with other phylogenetic analyses of reverse transcriptases’
- ‘However, most other organisms also have homologous recombination, and many or most other eukaryotes contain reverse transcriptases.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.