One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reproduction of another manufacturer's product following detailed examination of its construction or composition.
- ‘I don't have room in this response to describe the methodology and status of brain reverse engineering in detail, but I will point out that the concept is not necessarily limited to neuromorphic modeling of each neuron.’
- ‘Well, the bayonet fitting and interface to Canon EOS cameras is proprietary and unpublished, so after-market lens manufacturers like Sigma rely on reverse engineering to make their products work.’
- ‘He points out that early forms of benchmarking tended to be reverse engineering.’
- ‘If you are interested in reverse engineering, these vendors offer additional options.’
- ‘The U.S. Copyright Office later ruled that the DMCA does not prohibit reverse engineering if the intent is to make the duplicated product work with a separate computer program.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there is an amount of reverse engineering in any product launched these days, hence, some things will have to be resolved on the field - within actual user communities.’
- ‘We're talking about reverse engineering of manufactured products that we see pirated in China.’
- ‘They all also lack integrated reverse engineering and manufacturing tools, and while third-party vendors fill in here, none offers its own total art-to-part solution.’
- ‘A software contract may not prohibit reverse engineering that is done for the purposes of making a piece of software work with other software.’
- ‘‘Our meetings are a form of reverse engineering,’ says James.’
- ‘Second, the court found that Johansen had obtained these trade secrets through reverse engineering in violation of a license agreement and therefore acquired these secrets by improper means.’
- ‘And even though, year on year, I've come to believe that coffee machine manufacturers have adopted the principle of reverse engineering and got it almost exactly but not precisely the wrong way round, we've gone on trying.’
- ‘The suicide craft's wooden wing was thoroughly rotten but, using reverse engineering and a few captured drawings, the museum's craftsmen have re-created the wing.’
- ‘Call it entrepreneurship via reverse engineering.’
- ‘This purchase will enable China, through reverse engineering or direct design assistance, to build its own heavy transports in the future.’
- ‘We illustrate an approach to qualitative reverse engineering with an application from the control of gantry cranes.’
- ‘If you want the ‘limited time’ monopoly offered by the state, then you must escrow code; if you don't, then go wild with secrets and protecting against reverse engineering.’
- ‘The remaining challenges are where we will be entering new areas, such as certain parts of Asia, where there is more of a general understanding of reverse engineering and less respect for intellectual property.’
- ‘In other words, reverse engineering, a central plank in Japan's overall industrialization strategy, may also apply to North American-style house manufacture.’
- ‘The book progresses into a discussion of the Xbox security mechanisms and other advanced hacking topics, with an emphasis on educating the readers on the important subjects of computer security and reverse engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.