One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With deep and solemn respect.‘the people fell to their knees and bowed reverently’‘he speaks reverently about his fans’
- ‘He meets an incoherent drifter clutching reverently at a large, ungainly cardboard box.’
- ‘Slowly, almost reverently, he climbed the mausoleum steps.’
- ‘They feel a responsibility to reverently care for aging parents.’
- ‘Laying the well-worn black spiral onto my lap, I stroked the cover reverently.’
- ‘He cradled the glass of wine in his hands reverently.’
- ‘If an ordinary tribesperson meets a religious leader, the tribesperson reverently touches the leader's feet.’
- ‘She asks us to look reverently upon her subjects without touching, letting understanding unfold in its own time.’
- ‘I remember being silently and reverently guided to the backyard, where there was a fire burning.’
- ‘Regardless of his manner in life, he deserved to be put to rest reverently.’
- ‘He speaks reverently about his fans and their dedication to his music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.