One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Religion based on divine revelation rather than reason.
- ‘In a revealed religion such as Christianity, the key question is how God comes to us and opens up a world of meaning not accessible to human investigative powers.’
- ‘All claims to the contrary, we must learn to live with partial truths even within revealed religions.’
- ‘They realise of course that if Genesis is allegory, it throws doubt on the whole of revealed religion.’
- ‘Sikhism is not only a revealed religion, but also a well planned system with definite objectives conceived by Guru Nanak.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the secular division of church and state also marginalised the truth of revealed religion.’
- ‘A vindication suggested the ills that Bolingbroke had attributed to the artifice of revealed religion could be paralleled by those generated by civil society.’
- ‘At the same time, this secularism also has traits more commonly found in revealed religions, such as a terrifying intolerance of those who break ranks.’
- ‘The fundamental principle of religion is that God exists and that He reveals Himself to man, and it is common to all revealed religions.’
- ‘The combination of the material and the spirit go together to form the foundation upon which the building of the revealed religion resides.’
- ‘From the Muslim point of view, this ethic is the common denominator of all revealed religions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.