One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Greek white or rosé wine flavored with resin.
- ‘Our days in Corfu were spent in swimming and sunbathing and the evenings in the nearby taverna, eating and drinking vast quantities of retsina.’
- ‘Tucked into a small bay and backed by steep hills, it is as tranquil as it is picturesque; even the food seems finer and the retsina crisper.’
- ‘A popular Greek wine, retsina, is produced only in Greece and is imported to the United States.’
- ‘Another popular beverage, retsina, is a white wine.’
- ‘Small cups of freshly made Turkish-style coffee are the national drink, as are ouzo - the aniseed-flavoured alcoholic drink - and retsina, the resinated wine, which are kept mostly for the evening and always accompanied by food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.