One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behind the breastbone.‘complaints of retrosternal pain’
- ‘She also had occasional spasmodic retrosternal pain, usually after eating, but denied having symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux.’
- ‘By morning I was feeling quite unwell with retrosternal chest pain, odynophagia, and mild dysphagia.’
- ‘On arrival, she complained about inability to swallow her saliva, coughing spells and continuous retrosternal pain.’
- ‘He recently presented to his local emergency department with retrosternal chest pain.’
- ‘A 58 year old Indian merchant working in an African country was admitted to hospital with severe retrosternal pain radiating upwards and down the right arm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.