Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring behind the peritoneum.
- ‘Microscopically, sections from the retroperitoneal masses consisted of spindle cell proliferation involving the lymph node and extending into adjoining soft tissue.’
- ‘The patient was started on heparin, and a percutaneous, ultrasound-guided needle core biopsy of the retroperitoneal mass was performed.’
- ‘My pancreas is a retroperitoneal organ that serves two functions.’
- ‘Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenoma is an uncommon tumor found exclusively in women.’
- ‘A retroperitoneal lesion was dissected that appeared to be an abnormally large tail of the pancreas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.