One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring behind the peritoneum.
- ‘The patient was started on heparin, and a percutaneous, ultrasound-guided needle core biopsy of the retroperitoneal mass was performed.’
- ‘Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenoma is an uncommon tumor found exclusively in women.’
- ‘A retroperitoneal lesion was dissected that appeared to be an abnormally large tail of the pancreas.’
- ‘My pancreas is a retroperitoneal organ that serves two functions.’
- ‘Microscopically, sections from the retroperitoneal masses consisted of spindle cell proliferation involving the lymph node and extending into adjoining soft tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.