One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Situated or occurring behind the eyeball.‘a retrobulbar abscess’
- ‘When the inflammation doesn't involve the optic disk, doctors refer to it as retrobulbar optic neuritis.’
- ‘In these cases, if the globe is proptotic and tense, the physician should suspect a retrobulbar hematoma.’
- ‘The most serious potential adverse effect of EMB is ocular toxicity manifested by optic or retrobulbar neuritis, which exists in two forms and may affect one or both eyes.’
- ‘The benefits of using topical anesthesia outweigh the risks associated with general, retrobulbar, and peribulbar anesthesia.’
- ‘Patients can choose from several forms of anesthesia - general, retrobulbar, peribulbar, or topical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.