One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Already there seems to be considerable discrimination against older people in the jobs market and it's no good going on about late retirement if employers aren't going to give jobs to the late retirers.’
- ‘Mr Proffitt added: ‘We will continue to develop our programme which is aimed at showing early retirers the many opportunities which are available to them, now they have more time.’’
- ‘‘Then there are the ‘reticent retirers’ who, on finding themselves stuck at home with a partner every day, are quite likely to escape back into the workforce.’
- ‘The early retirers tended to be from higher socioeconomic groups than the later retirers.’
- ‘Early retirers don't live longer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.