Disease of the retina that results in impairment or loss of vision.
- ‘An eye examination is called for once a year to ensure that diabetes has not resulted in retinopathy, which could lead to blindness.’
- ‘Persons with any form of diabetes may develop diabetic retinopathy.’
- ‘Management of the risk factors in diabetes retinopathy is more important to have a good life.’
- ‘Diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy may be related to too much sorbitol in the cells of the eyes and nerves.’
- ‘And finally, oxygen therapy given to sustain the lives of premature infants can cause retinopathy of prematurity, causing permanent vision loss or blindness.’