Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Disease of the retina that results in impairment or loss of vision.
- ‘An eye examination is called for once a year to ensure that diabetes has not resulted in retinopathy, which could lead to blindness.’
- ‘Persons with any form of diabetes may develop diabetic retinopathy.’
- ‘Management of the risk factors in diabetes retinopathy is more important to have a good life.’
- ‘Diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy may be related to too much sorbitol in the cells of the eyes and nerves.’
- ‘And finally, oxygen therapy given to sustain the lives of premature infants can cause retinopathy of prematurity, causing permanent vision loss or blindness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.